When we are closed
Between 18:00 and 08.00 Monday to Thursday and 18:00 on Friday until 08:00 on Monday the surgery is closed.
Why not try our online consultation and advice service
This service can provide self help advice as well as offer you the chance to submit an online consultation with your GP.
Out of Hours Emergencies
The out-of-hours emergency service is provided by NHS 24 and GMED and can be contacted on 111 – this is a freephone number for both landlines and mobile phones. NHS 24 along with GMEDS cover out of hours when our surgery is shut.
- This service is for emergencies
- It should not be used instead of a day time appointment
- All calls are monitored and will be reviewed by our Doctors
- Remember the Out of Hours Service is for urgent problems only. Please do not contact the service for a second opinion or for anything which can wait until the next working day.
A receptionist in the emergency call centre will answer your call and either:
- Arrange advice from a doctor or nurse
- Invite you to attend the centre to be seen by a doctor
- Arrange a home visit if you are too ill to visit the centre.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Mental health crisis or emergency ?
You should call 999 or go to A&E if you, or someone you know, experiences a life-threatening medical or mental health emergency. These are cases where there is immediate danger to life or physical injury. A mental health emergency should be taken as seriously as a medical emergency. If you feel like you may be close to acting on suicidal thoughts or have seriously harmed yourself, you should call 999 or go to A&E directly if you need immediate help and are worried about your safety.